The other night we were so engrossed with updating this blog that we completely forgot about dinner! We realized it at 5:00 pm! After searching in the refrigerator we found country sausage, zucchini, and some leftover tomato sauce so we whipped up a really quick & tasty dinner. On nights when you are pressed for time, this recipe is not only quick & easy but also delicious, healthy & satisfying. There's a bonus too... it's low carb, keto-friendly, and gluten-free. You won't miss the pasta at all. Our family loves it with ricotta cheese on top...it's delicious! Give it a try and let us hear from you. 😋😋
- Spiralizer (we use the Veggetti-Pro Tabletop Spiral Vegetable Cutter, thick spiral blade)
- 6 medium zucchini
- 2 cloves garlic (we use Dorot frozen cubes for consistency)
- 1 lb bulk Neese’s Sausage, hot or regular
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 1 cup pre-made tomato sauce (more or less depending on your preference)
- salt & pepper to taste
- ricotta (for topping)
- Pecorino Romano cheese, grated
- Wash unpeeled zucchini then dry well. Cut the end stem from one end of the zucchini then using the spiralizer thick ribbon blade, spiralize all the zucchini. Set aside.
- In a large hot skillet place the bulk sausage and brown completely on all sides, crumbling the sausage as it cooks.
- Add the garlic and continue cooking another minute. Stir well then add the butter combining well.
- Add the zucchini spirals and mix with the sausage.
- Cook until zucchini is soft or al dente then add a cup of pre-made tomato sauce and mix well. Heat until sauce is hot. Remove from heat.
- Serve in a pasta dish and sprinkle with grated Pecorino Ramano cheese then top with a dollop of creamy ricotta cheese and enjoy.
Notes: Additional tomato sauce may be added depending on your preference. For those of you who must have pasta, just cook up a little gluten-free pasta (or regular pasta if gluten is not a health issue) and add the cooked pasta at the end to combine with the zoodles.
Subscribe to Blog via Email