If you’re looking for a real crowd pleaser with a little kick, look no further! This chicken dish is full of flavor and can be served with your favorite pasta or rice.
This is a gluten-free recipe; however, you can substitute regular flour and chicken broth if gluten isn’t a worry.
- 6 chicken thighs, skin on (with or without the bone)
- Basic Tomato Sauce (use the full recipe)
- 1½ lbs. Barilla pasta of your choice
- Bob’s Red Mills® Gluten Free all-purpose flour (regular all purpose flour may be substituted)
- 1 Tablespoon Italian seasoning (we use Morton & Bassett)
- salt & pepper
- 3 Tablespoons EVOO
- 8 ounces baby Bella mushrooms, sliced
- 1 large red bell pepper, sliced lengthwise
- 1 large yellow bell pepper, sliced lengthwise
- 4-6 frozen Dorot® garlic cubes (regular garlic cloves, minced, may be substituted)
- 1 large sweet onion, sliced lengthwise
- 3/4 – 1 cup dry white wine (Sauvignon Blanc)
- 3/4 – 1 cup low sodium Progresso ® chicken broth (gluten-free)
- 3 Tablespoons drained capers
- 1½ tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 cup fresh basil, chopped
- Season chicken with Italian seasoning, salt & pepper.
- Dredge each piece of chicken in the flour.
- In a large skillet, add EVOO over medium-high heat.
- Add chicken and cook until golden brown on each side.
- Transfer cooked chicken to a plate and set aside.
- Add peppers, onions, mushrooms, and garlic to the skillet (add EVOO to skillet if necessary). Saute until sweated and tender.
- Add wine & chicken broth. Simmer until reduced by half.
- Add capers and tomato sauce, stir well. Cook about 5 minutes on low.
- Add the chicken back to the skillet. Cook on medium low for 15-20 minutes until chicken is thoroughly cooked.
- Place cooked pasta on a large serving platter & top with chicken and sauce. Garnish with fresh chopped basil and grated Pecorino Romano cheese (we use Cello from Costco).
Picture coming soon!