If you’re looking for a real crowd pleaser with a little kick, look no further! This chicken dish is full of flavor and can be served with your favorite pasta or rice.
This is a gluten-free recipe; however, you can substitute regular flour and chicken broth if gluten isn’t a worry.
- 6 chicken thighs, skin on (with or without the bone)
- Basic Tomato Sauce (use the full recipe)
- 1½ lbs. Barilla pasta of your choice
- Bob’s Red Mills® Gluten Free all-purpose flour (regular all purpose flour may be substituted)
- 1 Tablespoon Italian seasoning (we use Morton & Bassett)
- salt & pepper
- 3 Tablespoons EVOO
- 8 ounces baby Bella mushrooms, sliced
- 1 large red bell pepper, sliced lengthwise
- 1 large yellow bell pepper, sliced lengthwise
- 4-6 frozen Dorot® garlic cubes (regular garlic cloves, minced, may be substituted)
- 1 large sweet onion, sliced lengthwise
- 3/4 – 1 cup dry white wine (Sauvignon Blanc)
- 3/4 – 1 cup low sodium Progresso ® chicken broth (gluten-free)
- 3 Tablespoons drained capers
- 1½ tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 cup fresh basil, chopped
- Season chicken with Italian seasoning, salt & pepper.
- Dredge each piece of chicken in the flour.
- In a large skillet, add EVOO over medium-high heat.
- Add chicken and cook until golden brown on each side.
- Transfer cooked chicken to a plate and set aside.
- Add peppers, onions, mushrooms, and garlic to the skillet (add EVOO to skillet if necessary). Saute until sweated and tender.
- Add wine & chicken broth. Simmer until reduced by half.
- Add capers and tomato sauce, stir well. Cook about 5 minutes on low.
- Add the chicken back to the skillet. Cook on medium low for 15-20 minutes until chicken is thoroughly cooked.
- Place cooked pasta on a large serving platter & top with chicken and sauce. Garnish with fresh chopped basil and grated Pecorino Romano cheese (we use Cello from Costco).
Did you make this recipe? We would love to hear from you. Please leave us a comment below or Tag @twinsinthekitchen on Instagram and hashtag it #twiinsinthekitchen.
Picture coming soon!