Too cold to barbecue? Why not use the broiler? It’s so quick and easy.
- 2 small ribeye steaks (about 16 oz. each)†
- 3 Tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon EVOO
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 2 tsp garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp pink Himalayan salt
- broiler pan with insert (baking sheet can also be used)
- In a large sealable food storage bag, mix the oil, vinegar, oregano, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Add the steaks, then seal the bag. Keep turning the bag until both sides are coated well with mixture. Marinate in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Place the oven rack about 6 inches from the broiler unit.
- Line the broiler pan or a baking sheet with tin foil for easy clean up and lay the broiler insert on top of the broiler pan.
- Place the empty broiler pan on the oven rack and preheat oven until hot, about 5 or 6 minutes. Remove the pan. Be careful, the pan is very hot.
- Place the steaks in the center and broil (no turning) until nicely browned.
- Rare – broil for 5 minutes and remove.
- Medium Rare – broil for 6 minutes and remove.
- Let the steaks sit for about 8 minutes before eating.
My husband couldn’t believe they cooked so quickly. Rare was perfect for him. I like mine Medium Rare as shown in the photo below.
Serve with a vegetable, potatoes and a salad. Enjoy!
† A 16 oz. ribeye is way too much for me but not hubby. Leftovers can be sliced and added to a nice lunch salad.