Creamy Chicken Florentine with Garlic & Mushrooms - Twiins Style
Our family went wild over this meal! They loved it so much not a morsel was left, not even a single strand of linguine! This amazing dinner is a quick and easy, one-skillet meal that you'll have on the table in less than 30 minutes. Your family or guests will think you slaved all day in the kitchen just for them. It's a win-win for sure. Using pre-sliced gourmet blends of mushrooms makes preparation a snap. The silky smooth creamy sauce will have your family requesting it every week. Buon Appetito!
- 4 boneless chicken thighs, skinless
- 8 chicken tenders
- 2-4 Tablespoons EVOO
- salt & pepper (season chicken)
- garlic powder (season chicken)
- 12 ounces fresh sliced gourmet blend mushrooms (shitake, oyster, & baby Bella)
- 6 Tablespoons butter
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1½ Tablespoons flour (we used Gluten-free)
- 3/4 cups chicken broth
- 1¼ cups half & half
- 3/4 cups grated Parmigiano-Reggiano
- 1/4 cup grated Pecorino Romano
- 1/2 tsp dried tarragon
- 10-20 ounces fresh baby spinach (use a minimum of 10-oz)
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Reserve 1 cup cooked pasta water
- If you are serving over pasta now is the time to fill your pot with water & bring it to a boil, then add salt to the water.
- Season both sides of chicken pieces with salt, pepper, & garlic powder to taste.
- In a large skillet heat the EVOO on medium heat. Add the chicken thighs and brown on both sides until the chicken is cooked and no longer pink. Remove from skillet & set aside. Add the chicken tenderloins and brown on both sides until no longer pink. Remove from skillet & add to plate of cooked chicken thighs.
- Add mushrooms to skillet & cook until softened, about 3-5 minutes. Stir several times. Remove from skillet & set aside.
- Melt the butter in the skillet add minced garlic & tarragon. Saute for 1 minute.
- Using a whisk add the flour to the skillet & whisk continuously until starts to thicken.
- Add chicken broth, half & half, & both grated cheeses. Stir well.
- Add the baby spinach and cook until wilted & sauce thickens.
- Add back the mushrooms & all chicken, cover & low simmer for about 5-10 minutes.
- Remove chicken to a platter. Don’t drain the pasta…using a pasta ladle or tongs simply scoop all the pasta from the pot of water into the sauce & mix well. If needed add an additional 1/4 – 1/2 cup of the reserved pasta water to the sauce.
- Serve or over your favorite pasta with a side salad. Buon Appetito!
Note: Chicken cutlets may be used in place of tenders & thighs.