Both our husbands love this German potato salad with its irresistable bacon flavor & dijon vinegar dressing. This can be served hot or cold; either way, it’s delicious.
- 3 lbs baby red potatoes skin on (any baby potatoes can be substituted)
- 1 lb uncured bacon, crispy & crumbled
- 1 large red onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup + 1 Tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon + 2 tsp water
- 1/4 cup EVOO
- 1½ Tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1½ Tablespoons sugar
- Pink Himalayan Salt to taste
- Black Pepper to taste
- 8 scallions (green onions), sliced
- parsley for garnish (optional)
- Wash potatoes and place in a large pot. Cover the potatoes with water and season with salt.
- Bring the water to a boil cooking until potatoes are easily pierced with a fork, approx. 12-15 minutes….careful not to overcook.
- Drain well and let cool to touch. Slice potatoes to the desired thickness and transfer to a large serving bowl.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, cook the bacon until crispy. Remove bacon to paper towels to drain. Reserve about 2-3 Tablespoons of bacon fat in skillet.
- Add finely chopped red onion to the skillet & sauté until tender and translucent. Whisk in apple cider vinegar, water, EVOO, dijon mustard, and sugar.
- Bring mixture to a boil, then quickly lower the heat to simmer for 3-5 minutes. Turn off heat and season with salt and pepper.
- Stir in sliced scallions and 3/4 of crumbled bacon. Pour over potatoes, toss gently to combine, top with remaining bacon crumbles and serve. Garnish with parsley if desired. Can be served hot or cold.
Did you make this recipe? We would love to hear from you. Please leave us a comment below or Tag @twinsinthekitchen on Instagram and hashtag it #twiinsinthekitchen.