Keeping frozen shrimp on hand is one of the best ways to make a quick & easy weeknight meal or a last-minute company dinner. Frozen shrimp along with some pantry staples, we created a delicious Mediterranean-style dinner that our family loved. Add a simple salad and enjoy. PS: They all went for seconds!
Quick & Easy Shrimp over Pasta
- Large skillet with cover
- Large rimmed baking sheet
- Large pasta pot
- 2 pounds shrimp, large or colossal size, peeled & deveined, tails on
- salt & pepper to taste
- 10-12 large garlic cloves with skin on
- 2 pints cherry tomatoes
- 1 Tbsp EVOO to drizzle over tomatoes & garlic
- 2 Tbsp EVOO, for skillet
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1-2 cups leftover green vegetables, we used leftover green beans
- 4 Tbsp butter, separated
- 1 lb pasta, we used what we had on hand, bucatini
- Pecorino Romano grated cheese, for garnish
- Line a large rimmed baking sheet with a piece of parchment paper or aluminum foil. Turn oven to broil. Once hot, reduce the oven temperature to 425º.
- Wash tomatoes then coat them along with the whole cloves of garlic (skin on) with 1-2 Tablespoons of EVOO. Sprinkle with salt. Combine well. Place on the lined baking sheet.
- Place baking sheet on the top oven rack and bake for 15-20 minutes at 425ºF, until tomatoes blister & garlic is soft.
- Bring a large pasta pot filled with water to a boil. Follow the directions on the pasta box.
- When the tomatoes are blistered and the garlic is soft, remove the pan from the oven. Set aside until the shrimp are ready. Save the juice from the garlic & tomatoes.
- In a large, skillet, saute the shrimp in hot EVOO & half the butter. Add 2-3 Tablespoons of tomato paste and 1 cup of chicken broth. Combine well. Cook until shrimp are opaque but not overcooked.
- Removed the charred and juicy cherry tomatoes from the oven. Remove the whole garlic cloves and squeeze them out of their skins. Mash garlic with a fork and add to the skillet along with all the wonderful tomato juices from the pan with the tomatoes. Combine well. Add the remaining butter then bring to a simmer for about 1 minute. Remove from heat & serve over your favorite pasta.
Please note: Although the Nutritional Facts are provided, we are not nutritionists and therefore cannot verify the accuracy of these calculations. Please verify any data you see here with your favorite nutrition calculator.