Summertime Bean Salad - Twiins Style
I'm always looking for ways to use the herbs I'm growing in my garden. I have quite a bit of Thai basil which I've made delicious chicken salad and Thai basil Chicken with but I wanted to experiment with other dishes. I made a summertime bean salad and added quite a few Thai basil leaves to see how it tasted...we loved it. You're still getting protein through the beans and this dish delivers big time on flavor. Enjoy by itself in lettuce leaves or as a side dish with no cooking as an added bonus during the hot summer! Naturally Gluten-Free. Enjoy. 😋❤️
- 1 can (15 oz) Chickpeas, rinsed & drained
- 1 can (15 oz) black beans, rinsed & drained
- 1/2 large red onion
- 1/2 cup celery, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup EVOO
- 2 Tablespoon good balsamic vinegar
- 4 large cloves garlic, minced
- ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/3 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/4- 1/3 cup fresh Thai basil, chopped
- In a small bowl, whisk together the balsamic vinegar, parsley, Thai basil, garlic & pepper. Slowly whisk in the EVOO & set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine the rinsed & drained beans, celery, and red onion.
- Pour the vinaigrette over the mixture and gently toss to coat evenly.
- Garnish with a few Thai basil leaves.
Notes: Leftovers can be added to rice & cooked green beans for a delicious side to basil pesto chicken.