Grilled Greek Chicken Breasts-Twiins Style
When marinating chicken with Greek-inspired flavors the Mediterranean is brought to your dinner table and with it all the sunshine and joy for life that is associated with a beautiful outdoor dinner in the Greek Islands! This dish is so simple but packs huge flavor! Whether you want a quick family meal or a casual dinner with friends you will love it...Enjoy!😋❤️
- 2 large boneless chicken breasts, sliced in half lengthwise to make 4 pieces
- 2 tsp EVOO
- 1 tsp red wine vinegar
- 1½ tsp fresh Greek oregano, chopped (dried may be substituted, but use a lesser amount)
- 1½ tsp fresh dill, chopped ( dried may be substituted, but use a lesser amount)
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 1 cup Feta cheese, crumbled
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 3-4 Tablespoons 2% milk ( any milk works well)
- 1½ Tablespoons red onion, chopped
- 1 large tomato, sliced
- Fresh oregano, chopped for garnish
- Mixed salad greens with olives, cucumbers, red onion, thin sliced
- Optional: Dolmas (stuffed grape leaves)
- In a large bowl, combine 2 tsp EVOO, red wine vinegar, oregano, dill, garlic powder, salt & pepper.
- Pound chicken between sheets of waxed paper to a 1/4” thickness. Cut each piece in half to yield approximately 6-8 pieces of chicken breast.
- Add chicken breasts to the marinade, cover & refrigerate 30 minutes. (this step can be prepared ahead of time until ready for cooking.)
- In a small bowl, combine the Feta cheese, garlic powder, 2% milk & chopped red onion. Using a fork, mash well to make a spread. Add additional milk if too thick until you reach desired consistency. (this step can be prepared ahead of time & refrigerated until ready to serve)
- In a grill pan or large skillet drizzle 1 tsp of EVOO, then using a paper towel, coat pan.
- Heat pan to medium-high. Once hot, place half the chicken pieces in the pan and cook until browned approximately 2 minutes on each side. Remove from pan & set aside. Cook remaining chicken breasts and set aside.
- Place mixed salad greens on a dinner plate then top with cooked chicken breast(s). Garnish the chicken with Feta cheese spread. Arrange tomato slices on the dish and garnish with fresh Greek oregano.
Notes: Recipe adapted from Weight Watchers. To enhance this Greek meal, drizzle salad greens with EVOO, red wine vinegar, add a little feta cheese, red onion, cucumber, and some Greek olives for a side salad. The creamy feta cheese spread is delicious on any vegetable or baked potato.
Did you make this recipe? We would love to hear from you. Please leave us a comment below or Tag @twiinsinthekitchen on Instagram and hashtag it #twiinsinthekitchen.