Grilled Greek Chicken Breasts-Twiins Style
When marinating chicken with Greek-inspired flavors the Mediterranean is brought to your dinner table and with it all the sunshine and joy for life that is associated with a beautiful outdoor dinner in the Greek Islands! This dish is so simple but packs huge flavor! Whether you want a quick family meal or a casual dinner with friends you will love it...Enjoy!😋❤️
- 2 large boneless chicken breasts, sliced in half lengthwise to make 4 pieces
- 2 tsp EVOO
- 1 tsp red wine vinegar
- 1½ tsp fresh Greek oregano, chopped (dried may be substituted, but use a lesser amount)
- 1½ tsp fresh dill, chopped ( dried may be substituted, but use a lesser amount)
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 1 cup Feta cheese, crumbled
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 3-4 Tablespoons 2% milk ( any milk works well)
- 1½ Tablespoons red onion, chopped
- 1 large tomato, sliced
- Fresh oregano, chopped for garnish
- Mixed salad greens with olives, cucumbers, red onion, thin sliced
- Optional: Dolmas (stuffed grape leaves)
- In a large bowl, combine 2 tsp EVOO, red wine vinegar, oregano, dill, garlic powder, salt & pepper.
- Pound chicken between sheets of waxed paper to a 1/4” thickness. Cut each piece in half to yield approximately 6-8 pieces of chicken breast.
- Add chicken breasts to the marinade, cover & refrigerate 30 minutes. (this step can be prepared ahead of time until ready for cooking.)
- In a small bowl, combine the Feta cheese, garlic powder, 2% milk & chopped red onion. Using a fork, mash well to make a spread. Add additional milk if too thick until you reach desired consistency. (this step can be prepared ahead of time & refrigerated until ready to serve)
- In a grill pan or large skillet drizzle 1 tsp of EVOO, then using a paper towel, coat pan.
- Heat pan to medium-high. Once hot, place half the chicken pieces in the pan and cook until browned approximately 2 minutes on each side. Remove from pan & set aside. Cook remaining chicken breasts and set aside.
- Place mixed salad greens on a dinner plate then top with cooked chicken breast(s). Garnish the chicken with Feta cheese spread. Arrange tomato slices on the dish and garnish with fresh Greek oregano.
Oops, I had a brain freeze! I forgot to add the olives, cucumbers, and sliced red onions to the salad greens before taking the photo for this post…then we ate & it was too late!😜😂
1. Drizzle salad greens with EVOO & red-wine vinegar for more of a Greek salad meal.
2. For leftovers just add a brioche roll for a perfect lunch
3. The creamy Feta cheese spread is delicious on any vegetable or baked potato.
Did you make this recipe? We would love to hear from you. Please leave us a comment below or Tag @twiinsinthekitchen on Instagram and hashtag it #twiinsinthekitchen.
Subscribe to Blog via Email