Incredibly Delicious Gemelli Pasta with Tuscan Chicken
Gemelli pasta with Tuscan Chicken & Sundried Tomatoes is incredibly rich in flavor but not a heavy sauce.Jump to Recipe Print Pin Rate
- 1 large skillet
- 1 Large plate
- 1 baking pan at least 2" high, large enough to hold all 6 chicken breasts without crowding the pan so there is enough room for all the delicious sauce.
- instant-read thermometer
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 3 Large Chicken Breasts , slice in half lengthwise
- 4-6 large garlic cloves , minced
- 2 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes ,1/2 tsp if less spice desired
- 1 ½ cup chicken bone broth , or chicken broth
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 8.5 oz jar sundried tomatoes , chopped (we use California Sun Dry Sun-dried Tomatoes Julienne cut)
- 1 cup grated Pecorino Romano
- Fresh Basil for garnish
- 1 lb. Gemelli pasta , cook according to package directions
- Preheat oven to 375°F. In a large oven-safe skillet heat the oil over medium-high heat.
- Season chicken breasts lightly with salt & pepper. Sear until golden brown, about 4 minutes on each side. Transfer chicken to a plate.
- Heat the same skillet to medium heat. Add garlic. Cook for 1 minute. Stir in the thyme, red pepper flakes, chicken broth, and heavy cream. Cook for 5 minutes stirring often.
- Stir in the sundried tomatoes and Pecorino Romano grated cheese.
- Place the seared chicken in the baking pan, then baste the chicken breasts with the sauce. Place the pan in the preheated oven and bake until the chicken is cooked through to an internal temperature of 165°F (about 12-18 minutes depending on the thickness of the chicken breast). Garnish with basil or parsley and additional grated cheese (optional).
- Serve over your favorite pasta or rice.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 514kcal | Carbohydrates: 59g | Protein: 19g | Fat: 22g | Saturated Fat: 13g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 62mg | Sodium: 244mg | Potassium: 244mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 765IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 231mg | Iron: 2mg
Please note: Although the Nutritional Facts are provided, we are not nutritionists and therefore cannot verify the accuracy of these calculations. Please verify any data you see here with your favorite nutrition calculator.
Check out our YouTube Videos https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFE_9i4ZkY96NT1s4IAaKaw