Fresh asparagus marinated in olive oil & garlic are combined for some heavenly flavors on this light side dish. Top it with crumbled blue cheese (our husbands favorite, Boursin garlic & herb (Barbara's favorite) feta or Parmesan. Whatever cheese you choose, you will love these asparagus! 😋
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed
- 1/4 cup EVOO
- 4 green onions, sliced thin
- 2 Tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/2 cup crumbled cheese of your choice (we used blue cheese and Boursin garlic & herb)
- ice water in a large bowl (have ready while asparagus are cooking)
- Bring 6 cups of water to a boil in a large saucepan. Add the asparagus & cook uncovered for 2 minutes. Immediately remove asparagus & put them into a bowl of ice water. Drain well & pat dry with paper towel.
- In a large plastic resealable bag, combine oil, vinegar, garlic, green onions, salt & pepper. Add asparagus; seal the bag and turn several times to coat well. Refrigerate a minimum of 1 hour.
- After an hour, remove from refrigerator and drain asparagus. (Discard remainder of marinade if not using for salad dressing or a rice dish)
- Place the asparagus on a serving platter and sprinkle with your favorite cheese.
Note: Left over marinade can be used to season rice or as a salad dressing. It’s really good and why waste all those great flavors!
Subscribe to Blog via Email