Clear Soup with Mushrooms & Scallions
A delicious clear onion broth with mushrooms & scallions. Just like your favorite Sushi or Hibachi restaurant.Jump to Recipe Print Pin Rate
- 8 quart stockpot
- 2 tsp toasted sesame oil
- 8 cups chicken broth
- 4 cups beef broth
- 4 cups water
- 2 large sweet onions cut into 12 wedges
- 2 large carrots cut in chunks
- 4-5 large garlic cloves smashed
- 3 inch piece fresh ginger sliced
- 4-5 whole scallions (green onions) sliced thin (green & white parts)
- 10-12 Baby Bella mushrooms sliced very thin
- salt to taste
- French's fried onion pieces
- Heat a large 8 quart stock pot until water makes a "pish" sound. The pot is then hot enough to add the sesame oil.
- When the sesame oil is hot enough it will show striations on the bottom surface. Add the onion wedges, ginger slices and carrot chunks until all surfaces are lightly charred. Add the garlic and cook additional 1 minute but don't burn.
- Add the chicken, beef broths and water. Bring to a boil then simmer on low for about an hour.
- Use a strainer to remove the vegetables and toss them or use elsewhere; however, they will be very soft.
- Serve into individual soup bowls with a ladle or two of hot broth. Add some thinly sliced mushroms and scallions. Top with a few fried onions and enjoy!
Serving: 1cup | Calories: 61kcal | Carbohydrates: 8g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 2g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 1069mg | Potassium: 385mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 9IU | Vitamin C: 17mg | Calcium: 40mg | Iron: 1mg
Please note: Although the Nutritional Facts are provided, we are not nutritionists and therefore cannot verify the accuracy of these calculations. Please verify any data you see here with your favorite nutrition calculator.
Tried this recipe? We would love to see!Mention @twiins_in_the_kitchen or tag #twiinsinthekitchen
Check out our YouTube Videos https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFE_9i4ZkY96NT1s4IAaKaw
Clear Soup is always the first item we order from our favorite sushi restaurant whether it’s dine in or take out. It’s a delicate onion flavor is so comforting on cold days or nights not just for your body but your soul too! Typically it’s topped with thinly sliced mushrooms and scallions. After many tries to duplicate the right flavors, we found the right balance. Now we can enjoy this soup anytime we want it and you can too! It’s quick and very easy.