If you’re a Thai food lover like we are, this recipe is sure to deliver great flavor in a one-pot meal plus cooked rice. It’s so quick and easy to make for any busy weeknight (less than 30 minutes from start to table) or for any special occasion dinner. It touches all the flavors of sweetness, heat, savory, and acidity that you expect from Thai food. You won’t be disappointed… it’s really delicious and naturally gluten free!
Thai Chicken Coconut Curry
- 1 Dutch Oven 8 qt
- 3-4 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 large sweet onion, small dice
- 2 lbs. cooked chicken, cut into bite size pieces
- 5-6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1-1 1/2 Tbsp ginger paste, refrigerated tube
- 2 tsp coriander, ground
- 2 13 oz cans Unsweetened coconut milk, full fat (shake well before opening)
- 1 1/2-2 cups carrots, shredded
- 4-6 Tbsp red curry paste
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 - 1 tsp black pepper
- 16 oz baby spinach fresh
- 2 limes juiced
- 1/4 cup cilantro, freshly chopped & divided
- 2-4 Tbsp dark brown sugar, to taste
- 2 cups jasmine rice, white or brown, cooked
- Heat the olive oil in the dutch oven over medium-high heat.
- Add onions and saute for about 5 minutes until soft, stirring regularly.
- Add garlic, ginger, coriander, carrots, and cook for 1 minute, stirring.
- Add the curry paste, brown sugar, salt & pepper, and stir quickly, then add half the chopped cilantro.
- Add coconut milk and stir to combine all. Reduce heat to medium-low and let the mixture come to a gentle boil for approximately 5 minutes or until liquid thickens slightly.
- Add the fresh spinach leaves, lime juice, and cook until spinach is wilted & tender approximately 2-3 minutes.,
- Add the cooked chicken and stir well until the chicken is heated through. Taste to adjust sugar, salt, or curry paste to your liking.
- Garnish with the remaining chopped cilantro and serve over cooked rice.
Please note: Although the Nutritional Facts are provided, we are not nutritionists and therefore cannot verify the accuracy of these calculations. Please verify any data you see here with your favorite nutrition calculator.