Roast Beef Roll-Ups
These quick and easy Roast Beef Roll-Ups make an incredibly satisfying lunch or appetizer! The combined flavors of bell peppers, onions, and Picante provolone cheese are amazing. We've served these for lunch many times for out of town guests because they can be prepared ahead of time then baked 10 -15 minutes before serving. Everyone just loves them. Give them a try, we know you'll love them too! ❤️❤️
- 2 Tablespoons EVOO
- 1 large green bell pepper
- 1 large red, orange or yellow bell pepper,
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 tsp fine sea salt
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 12 slices Boars Head roast beef (from the deli counter, slices should be thick enough to not shred when rolling up)
- 2 -3 cups Boars Head Picante provolone cheese (shredded). We buy a block of it from the deli counter and shred it ourselves for a really fresh taste. Use 2 cups if you don’t want a lot of cheese or 3 cups if you’re a cheese lover like us. (Cheddar, American, Mozzarella, or any soft cheese of your liking may be substituted for Provolone cheese.)
- Preheat the oven to 300ºF.
- In a large saute pan over medium heat, saute the peppers & onions until peppers are soft & onions are translucent. (about 10-15 minutes)
- Season with salt & pepper. Remove from heat.
- Lay a slice of roast beef on parchment paper. Have the short end of the roast beef facing you.
- Sprinkle with approximately 2 Tablespoons of the shredded provolone cheese on top of the roast beef slice.
- Place approximately 2 Tablespoons of the sauteed peppers & onions on top of the provolone cheese.
- Start rolling up at the short end and place seam side down on a large, parchment-lined baking sheet or casserole dish. It’s ok if they touch each other.
- Sprinkle more shredded provolone on top then place in 300ºF oven for approximately 10 minutes or until cheese melts. Serve warm.
Notes: We use Boars Head because it’s gluten-free. You can use whatever deli brand you like.
Depending on your crowd size you can double or triple this recipe. Any leftovers can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 3 days in an airtight container. Leftovers can be reheated in a microwave for no more than 30 seconds or in a 350ºF oven for about 4 minutes.
Featured photo and recipe adapted from Maria Emmerich, Quick & Easy Ketogenic Cooking.
Did you make this recipe? We would love to hear from you. Please leave us a comment below or Tag @twiinsinthekitchen on Instagram and hashtag it #twiinsinthekitchen.