- 8 Mahi-Mahi fillets (or fish fillets of your choice)- cut into 3 or 4-inch sections.
- 1 large onion, chopped fine
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 lime, sliced thin for garnish
- 5 tomatoes, seeded & chopped
- 5-6 shallots, chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh basil, chopped
- Capers (8 oz. jar)
- 1 cup EVOO
- 1½ tsp fresh thyme (more or less to taste)
- In a medium bowl combine the EVOO, capers, basil, thyme, shallots, tomatoes, lemon juice, lime juice, onions, 1½ tsp salt & 1½ tsp pepper. Mix well, cover and refrigerate at least an hour or overnight.
- Position your oven rack at about 5 inches from the broiler and preheat the broiler.
- Place the fish fillets on a baking sheet then season with salt & pepper.
- Broil fillets on first side approximately 2-3 minutes, being careful not to overcook as they cook quickly.
- Remove from broiler and turn fillets over.
- Top each fillet with a scoop of vegetable salsa.
- Return to broiler and cook until fish is fully cooked through the middle. The fish should be opaque in color.
- Garnish each dish with a slice of lime. Serve as is with a salad or over your favorite rice or pasta.
Subscribe to Blog via Email