Creamy Garlic Shrimp & Scallops with Fettuccine - Twiins Style
- 1/3 cup EVOO, plus 2-3 Tablespoons
- 10 large cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 large shallot heads (4 big cloves)
- 8 oz fresh mushrooms, sliced thick
- 2 cups white wine (we use Chardonnay)
- 3 Tablespoons fresh parsley
- 3 Tablespoons fresh basil
- 3 Tablespoons fresh thyme (or 3 tsp dried)
- 3 cups heavy cream or Half-and-Half cream
- 2 lbs sea scallops (20-30 count)
- 1½ – 2 lbs extra-large shrimp, peeled & deveined
- 1/2 cup grated Pecorino Romano cheese
- sprinkle of garlic powder on scallops before sautéing
- 2 tsp lemon zest for garnish (optional)
- 3 sprigs fresh basil for garnish (optional)
- 1½- 2 lbs cooked fettuccine or angel hair pasta (use Gluten-Free pasta if gluten is an issue)
- Heat pasta water to boiling then lower to simmer before preparing the meal.
- Pat dry the scallops and shrimp on paper towels. Cover with paper towels and set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat 1/3 cup EVOO on medium then sauté shallots and garlic until translucent, about 3-5 minutes. Add the mushrooms and cook another 3-4 minutes.
- Pour the white wine into the skillet to deglaze.
- Add the parsley, basil, and thyme and cook until liquid is reduced by half.
- Transfer mixture into a medium saucepan.
- Add the cream & half the Pecorino Romano cheese into the medium saucepan and cook over medium-low heat until reduced by half (about 15 minutes).
- In the large skillet add 2-3 Tablespoons of EVOO. Using medium-high heat, allow the oil to get hot enough then add the scallops and sprinkle garlic powder on top. Sauté on both sides just until they turn opaque & feel springy with a pair of tongs. Don’t overcook. Remove to a platter and cover with foil to keep warm.
- Bring pasta water up to a boil and cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and return to pot. Cover and set aside until remaining seafood (shrimp) is cooked.
- Now sauté the shrimp in the same skillet until the shrimp just turn pink. Remove and place the shrimp in the platter with the scallops, continue to cover with foil.
- Add 1/2 the cream sauce to the large skillet and quickly toss with the cooked pasta. Mix well and plate the pasta in individual pasta dishes. Pour remaining cream sauce in a small gravy boat to add extra sauce if desired.
- Top with asparagus & arrange the seafood on top, garnish with extra sauce, grated cheese, lemon zest, and sprigs of basil, if desired.
Notes: Substitute with Gluten-Free pasta for a delicious Gluten-Free meal.