Servings: 4-6 Prep: 15 minutes Cook Time: 10 minutes
One of our favorite all-time meals to eat is Shrimp Scampi over linguine pasta, topped with Pecorino Romano grated cheese, some crusty Italian bread to soak up the lemony butter sauce and we’re in heaven! Since Barbara is back on Keto, we wanted to come up with the same delicious flavor without the carbs. Zucchini is an amazing vegetable that takes the place of pasta and delivers all the delicious flavor of our original shrimp scampi recipe. We decided to make a one-pan dish so we used the electric skillet. It’s large and can accommodate all the shrimp in a single layer plus all the spiralized zucchini. If your watching carbs, please give it a try. We promise you will not miss the pasta! 😋 😋
- 2 lbs large raw shrimp
- 2 sticks salted butter
- 10 medium zucchini and/or summer squash, spiralized
- 1/2 stick salted butter for zucchini
- 1-2 tsp salt
- 8 Dorot frozen garlic cubes (we use for consistency)
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley leaves, chopped
- 2 tsp grated lemon peel
- 2 Tablespoons lemon juice
- lemon slices for garnish (optional)
- Pecorino Romano, grated
- Remove shells from shrimp, leaving the shell on the tail section if desired.
- Devein then wash under running cold water, and drain on paper towels; pat dry.
- In the electric skillet on the warmest setting, melt 2 sticks of salted butter.
- When butter is melted, add the salt, garlic, and 2 Tablespoon parsley; mix well.
- Arrange the shrimp in a single layer in the skillet.
- Raise skillet temperature to 300ºF. As soon as shrimp start to turn pink (1 or 2 minutes) quickly turn the shrimp over and ower to warm setting again.
- Sprinkle with lemon peel, lemon juice, and remaining parsley. Raise temperature to 300ºF.
- Cook about 1-2 minutes longer or just until shrimp are tender. Do Not overcook shrimp or they will be tough. (If using smaller shrimp, cut down on the cooking time)
- Remove shrimp with half the scampi sauce and set aside in a bowl.
- Add the 1/2 stick of butter to the skillet then add the spiralized zucchini to the scampi sauce and stir well to coat with sauce. Cover and cook until zucchini are soft but not overcooked.
- Arrange the desired amount of zucchini noodles (zoodles) in a pasta dish then top with shrimp. Add some of the reserved scampi sauce on top. Grate some Pecorino Romano cheese and garnish with a thin slice of lemon (optional).
Notes: If you don’t have an electric skillet please use our oven method Shrimp Scampi recipe then cook the zucchini separate using 1/2 stick butter in a large skillet with half the scampi sauce reserve from shrimp cooked in the oven.