Gluten-Free Mini Turkey Meatballs
Turkey is a great alternative to beef as it reduces the amount of unhealthy fat in our daily consumption. Our turkey meatball recipe is easy & healthier alternative to beef meatballs. These meatballs add low-fat protein to homemade soups or broths like in our homemade Italian Wedding Soup (see link below). They are also perfect for an appetizer with your favorite dipping sauce or a perfect complement to your favorite pasta dish, just choose the size you want to make. Not only are these meatballs packed with flavor, but they are also gluten-free. To get our mini meatballs uniform in size, we used the 1-inch side of a melon baller, which is the perfect size for adding to our Italian Wedding Soup. Any size you make them will be delicious!
- 20.8 oz (1.3 lbs) ground turkey
- 1/2 large onion, finely minced
- 3-4 large garlic cloves, finely minced
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped (see note for dried amounts)
- 3 Tablespoons fresh basil, finely chopped (see note for dried amounts)
- 1/2 tsp fresh rosemary, finely chopped (see note for dried amounts)
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup 4C Gluten-Free Seasoned Breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup Pecorino Romano, grated (Locatelli)
- In a medium bowl, combine the ground turkey with all the ingredients.
- Prepare a large rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper or aluminum foil.
- Spray lightly with cooking spray.
- Wearing food-grade gloves, put a dab of EVOO on one glove, and rub your hands together. This prevents the meat mixture from sticking to your hands while forming into round balls.
- Using a 1-inch melon baller, scoop enough meat mixture to fill the baller. Shake into your hand and roll into a ball. Place each meatball onto the prepared baking sheet in even rows.
- Bake at 350ºF for 10-12 minutes on the upper rack. of your oven. After 10-12 minutes put on broil for 2 minutes to lightly crisp the meatballs.
- Remove from oven and immediately remove to paper towels to drain. When completely cooled, place in plastic food storage bags and freeze. If using immediately, drop into your favorite broth or soup. Italian Wedding Soup