After having a bumper crop of wild fennel, my friend Jane & I turned that crop into the most delicious homemade fennel liqueur. As Teresa and I have been experimenting with martini flavors, I turned to my gallons of homemade fennel liqueur and hence the birth of the Wild Fenneltini! It's delicious with either vodka (me) or gin (Teresa). Originally we made it like our Limoncello Drop Martini but it was a tad too strong so we took out the Triple Sec reducing the alcohol content. By all means, add it back in if you're brave!! If you like the taste of anise or black licorice you will love this martini. Enjoy!❤️ 🍸 🤣
- 1 ½ oz vodka or gin
- 1/2 oz Fennel Liqueur (homemade or store-bought)
- 1/2 oz Triple Sec (only if you’re brave)
- juice of 1/2 a lime
- 1/8 cup lemon/lime seltzer
- 1/2 tsp caster sugar (granulated sugar is fine to use also)
- 5-7 ice cubes
- lemon or lime twist
- slice of lemon or lime for garnish (optional)
- a sprig of fennel (optional)
- Rub lemon or lime slice around the rim of a martini glass.
- Place caster sugar on a flat plate. Take lemon or lime rimmed martini glass and dip into sugar. Store in refrigerator or freezer until ready to pour into glasses.
- Place ice in a shaker & add the vodka or gin, fennel liqueur, triple sec, lime seltzer, and sugar.
- Shake at least 30 seconds then pour into a martini glass.
- Garnish with lemon or lime slice, lemon or lime twist, or a sprig of fennel then enjoy!
Did you make this recipe? We would love to hear from you. Please leave us a comment below or Tag @twiinsinthekitchen on Instagram and hashtag it #twiinsinthekitchen.
One thought on “Wild Fenneltini🍸🍸”