This quick and easy sheet pan meal is a delicious Mediterranean dish that doesn't disappoint. Not only is it delicious with shrimp but you can substitute the shrimp with cooked rotisserie chicken too! I had all the ingredients on hand so no extra shopping was needed. I just had to defrost the shrimp in the morning and prep was unbelievably fast. If you're not watching carbs then serve this over pasta or rice. I served mine over red leaf lettuce while my husband had it over rice. We both loved it.😋 😋
- 1 lb large raw shrimp, peeled, deveined with tails on or off (your preference)
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced shallots
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp sea salt
- a pinch of red pepper flakes (or more if you like the heat)
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 cup Kalamata olives, halved
- 2 Tablespoons lemon juice, divided
- 3 Tablespoons EVOO, divided 2 + 1
- 1/4 cup roughly chopped parsley
- 1/3 – 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- lemon wedges, optional
- Preheat the oven to 425ºF.
- Using a rimmed baking sheet, toss the shallots, garlic, salt, red pepper flakes, tomatoes, olives, 1 tablespoon of the lemon juice, & 2 tablespoons of the EVOO.
- Roast for 5 minutes, or until the shallots & garlic are starting to brown.
- Add the shrimp and cook 5 minutes more, or until shrimp are done. *
- Stir in the feta, parsley and the remaining tablespoon of lemon juice and EVOO.
- Toss gently and serve hot over a bed of lettuce for a delicious low carb meal.
Notes: * If substituting with cooked, rotisserie chicken, cook just to heat the chicken in step 4.
This is a light dish which will serve 2-3. Double the recipe for more servings.
Recipe adapted from Zenbelly.