Servings: 2-quart pitcher
This summer has been exceptionally hot and humid day after day. A wonderful way to cool off besides air conditioning is enjoying an icy cold glass of homemade lemonade. My grandsons, “The Sunshine Boys”, love the lemonade my daughter makes. It is so refreshing and made with only 3 simple ingredients… lemons, water, and sugar! So, while the heat of the summer will be with us for several more weeks/months, mix up a pitcher full of delicious, icy cold lemonade and feel refreshed!
- 6 Meyer lemons ( should yield 1¼ cups strained lemon juice)
- 1¼ cups sugar (1/4 cup Swerve confectioners sweetener may be substituted)
- 4½ cups water
- lemon slices for garnish
- mint (optional)
- In a small saucepan combine 1½ cups of water and sugar and bring to a boil. Stir until all sugar is dissolved. Remove from heat and let cool. ( cover and put in the refrigerator to speed up the cooling process)
- Strain the squeezed lemon juice through a fine-mesh sieve into a 2-quart pitcher.
- Add the remaining 3 cups of water and 3/4 of the simple syrup that has been cooling. Stir well and taste. Adjust to taste with either more water or more simple syrup.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- When ready to serve, add ice to a tall glass and fill with lemonade. Garnish each glass with a lemon slice and a sprig of mint leaves. Enjoy!
Notes: Adults Only-Vodka can be added for a refreshing cocktail 😋
For a keto-friendly version, we used Swerve confectioners sweetener in place of sugar.