Jasmine rice, with its fragrant characteristic aroma, is a wonderful side dish on its own; however, when we added just a few simple ingredients it exploded with flavor and has become a family favorite. Although Jasmine rice is typically used in Thai cuisine it is equally popular in Middle Eastern cuisine and has become our go-to rice for many side dishes. Although it has a unique fragrance it won't interfere with any cuisine and is delicious.
- 2 cups Jasmine Rice
- 3 cups water or chicken broth
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- 1 tsp Kosher salt
- 1/4 cup EVOO, for sautéeing
- 1 onion, roughly chopped
- 1 Red Bell Peppers, seeded and diced
- 1 Yellow or Orange Bell Pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 ½ cups fresh or frozen peas
- 2 Tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped (optional)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Add rice, salt, water or broth, and butter in a deep saucepan.
- Bring to a boil over high heat.
- When it comes to a boil, stir and reduce heat to low. Cover the pan tightly and cook without stirring 18-20 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Keep covered and let stand for 10-15 minutes. Fluff with a fork.
- In a large deep skillet or wok heat EVOO until hot.
- Sauté onions and bell peppers. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Add fresh or frozen peas and continue to cook 3 minutes.
- Add the cooked rice to the skillet and stir to combine well on low-medium heat.
- Remove from heat and serve.
Notes: The fresher the rice is, the more aroma it will have.
Subscribe to Blog via Email