Slow Cooker Spare Ribs with Hickory & Brown Sugar BBQ Sauce
OMG! Who knew a slow cooker, some spare ribs and barbecue sauce could taste like Heaven? The meat is so tender it falls right off the bone. Our whole family agrees these are the best spare ribs you will ever eat!😋
- 3 lbs. spare ribs ( I use St. Louis style spare ribs from Costco, 2 sets of ribs are about 6 lbs total)
- 1/2 cup water (1/8-inch high in slow cooker)
- 2 cups Sweet Baby Ray’s Hickory & Brown Sugar Barbecue Sauce (or your favorite BBQ sauce)
- Pour water in bottom of large slow cooker to depth of about 1/8-inch.
- Add spareribs.
- Pour BBQ sauce over spareribs.
- Turn heat to high for 1 hour then reduce heat to low and cook additional 4-5 hours until meat pulls away from bone.
- Using tongs, carefully remove spare ribs from slow cooker & place on a large platter.
Notes: Spare ribs go great with creamy buttered mashed potatoes & broccoli in winter & spring or macaroni salad, coleslaw or potato salad, in summer.