Twiins Style Rustic Cornbread - Gluten-Free
We have been experimenting with cornbread for a while now. Not only did it have to taste good but we wanted to make it gluten-free as always for Teresa's husband. We don't want to leave him out of our recipes because anyone that knows Jack, knows he loves to eat!!! Traditionally northern style cornbread is sweet while southern style is savory with no sweetness. To us the perfect combination would be both slightly sweet & savory. After may experiments we finally agreed we really liked this one; you won't know it's gluten-free. We hope you like it as much as we do.
- 1/3 cup sugar (use 1/2 cup for sweeter cornbread)
- 1/2 cup salted butter, melted
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups buttermilk, shake well before measuring
- 1 20-ounce package Bob’s Red Mill Gluten-Free Cornbread Mix
- 1 11-ounce can sweet corn, drained
- 1/2 tsp salt
- additional melted butter to baste the top of batter in the pan before baking
- Pre-heat oven to 375ºF. Generously grease with butter a 9 x 9 x 2 inch pan.
- In a large bowl, whisk the sugar and 1/2 cup melted butter together.
- Add eggs and whisk to combine.
- Whisk in the shaken buttermilk. Add the drained corn and stir.
- Add the cornbread mix and stir until few lumps remain. Don’t over mix.
- Spoon into prepared pan and spread evenly. Take additional melted butter and generously baste the top before placing in the oven. Bake for 20 – 25 minutes until a toothpick in center comes out clean.
- When done, remove from oven and place pan on cooling rack for 15 minutes.
- Remove from pan and continue to cool on a rack.
- When cooled, cut into squares and serve with Chili – Award Winning Twiins Style, Gluten-Free or enjoy with your favorite beverage.
Did you make this recipe? We would love to hear from you. Please leave us a comment below or Tag @twinsinthekitchen on Instagram and hashtag it #twiinsinthekitchen.
One thought on “Twiins Style Rustic Cornbread – Gluten-Free”