Pan Seared Loin Pork Chops with Sauerkraut & Onions
We found some delicious looking loin pork chops at Costco that were about 1-inch thick and we thought we would bring you this basic recipe that is quick to make & produces the juiciest pork chops that are Mmmm Good!😋
- 8 thick loin pork chops (bone-in, about 3/4 to 1 inch thick)
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- garlic powder
- salt & pepper to taste
- 16-ounces sauerkraut
- 1 large sweet onion, chopped
- pinch of caraway seeds
- Rub a drizzle of EVOO on each side of pork chop, then sprinkle with salt, pepper & garlic powder to your taste.
- Preheat large skillet with 2 Tablespoons butter & 1 Tablespoon EVOO. Sauté onions until golden.
- Add sauerkraut & caraway seeds then continue to cook until juice is absorbed. Remove from skillet & set aside.
- Raise skillet heat to high in order to produce a nice sear on the pork chops. When skillet is hot enough lower heat to medium-high & add pork chops, don’t crowd them and don’t move them until ready to flip over. Cook for 4-5 minutes. Once browned, flip over and continue to cook another 4-5 minutes on medium-high. When pork chops are done, remove from skillet & arrange on a platter. Cover with foil until sauerkraut is done.
- Put the sauerkraut & onion mixture back into the hot skillet. Add 1 pat of butter. Heat for 3 minutes & stir regularly until hot. Place sauerkraut & onions in center of platter then place pork chops all around. Garnish with parsley, rosemary or thyme and serve.
Note: Cook until internal temperature reaches 145º with an Instant Read Thermometer.
We served this dish with our Marinated Asparagus and feta cheese.
Did you make this recipe? We would love to hear from you. Please leave us a comment below or Tag @twinsinthekitchen on Instagram and hashtag it #twiinsinthekitchen.
One thought on “Pan Seared Loin Pork Chops with Sauerkraut & Onions”
Was really good