Pan Seared Loin Pork Chops with Sauerkraut & Onions
We found some delicious looking loin pork chops at Costco that were about 1-inch thick and we thought we would bring you this basic recipe that is quick to make & produces the juiciest pork chops that are Mmmm Good!😋
- 8 thick loin pork chops (bone-in, about 3/4 to 1 inch thick)
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- garlic powder
- salt & pepper to taste
- 16-ounces sauerkraut
- 1 large sweet onion, chopped
- pinch of caraway seeds
- Rub a drizzle of EVOO on each side of pork chop, then sprinkle with salt, pepper & garlic powder to your taste.
- Preheat large skillet with 2 Tablespoons butter & 1 Tablespoon EVOO. Sauté onions until golden.
- Add sauerkraut & caraway seeds then continue to cook until juice is absorbed. Remove from skillet & set aside.
- Raise skillet heat to high in order to produce a nice sear on the pork chops. When skillet is hot enough lower heat to medium-high & add pork chops, don’t crowd them and don’t move them until ready to flip over. Cook for 4-5 minutes. Once browned, flip over and continue to cook another 4-5 minutes on medium-high. When pork chops are done, remove from skillet & arrange on a platter. Cover with foil until sauerkraut is done.
- Put the sauerkraut & onion mixture back into the hot skillet. Add 1 pat of butter. Heat for 3 minutes & stir regularly until hot. Place sauerkraut & onions in center of platter then place pork chops all around. Garnish with parsley, rosemary or thyme and serve.
We served this dish with our Marinated Asparagus and feta cheese.