Cranberry, Orange & Apple Relish
Many years ago while hosting a large Thanksgiving dinner I was looking for something different to serve in place of the traditional cranberry sauce. I don't remember if I found this recipe in the food section of a local newspaper or a magazine but it quickly became a family favorite. I took oranges and cut them in half, scooped out the insides, cut a zig zag pattern around the rims then put the relish recipe below into each orange cup. I then placed them all around the turkey on a large platter. It makes a beautiful presentation for special dinners.
- 2 apples, chopped (put in lemon juice to preserve color then drain)
- 2 navel oranges, cut into small pieces
- 2 can Ocean Spray Whole Cranberry Sauce
- 3 Tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 tsp of Cinnamon (more or less to taste)
- dash of nutmeg
- drop of vanilla extract (may be omitted)
- Combine all ingredients into a medium size bowl, mix well. & cover.
- Refrigerate overnight for best flavor.
Note: Cranberry, Orange & Apple relish makes a great fruit dessert anytime of the year. Serve by itself or over a nice pound cake topped with whipped cream. Compliments poultry, & pork main dishes.