Gluten-Free Chicken Francese
If you like tender, juicy chicken this recipe is for you. It has a delicate lemon flavor that melts in your mouth. We served this dish with some awesome marinated asparagus & brown rice. It was absolutely delicious.❤️ 😋
- 4 skinless, boneless, chicken breasts (about 2 pounds)
- Bob’s Red Mill Gluten-Free 1 to 1 Flour for dredging, season with salt & pepper, and 1 tsp garlic powder)
- 4 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 Tablespoon water
- 2 cup Swanson’s Chicken Broth (gluten-free)
- 1/4 cup EVOO
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 lemon, sliced thin with rind
- 1 lemon, juiced
- salt to taste (omit if salt-sensitive)
- dash of pepper to taste
- 4 Tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- plastic wrap
- Cover chicken breasts with plastic wrap then using a flat metal mallet, pound chicken breasts until they are 1/4″ thick.
- Add enough flour to a shallow dish to dredge the chicken breasts in. Season the flour with a good amount of salt & pepper. Use a fork to mix well. Reserve flour for making sauce later.
- In a shallow bowl or glass pan, beat the eggs with the water to make an egg wash. Heat EVOO in large skillet on medium-high heat.
- Dredge both sides of chicken in the seasoned flour. Dip the chicken into the egg wash to completely coat. Let excess egg drip off. Once the EVOO is hot enough, add the chicken breasts to the skillet and fry about 2-3 minutes on each side until golden. When chicken breasts are cooked on both sides, remove and place on a large platter, cover to keep warm while making the sauce.
- Add the lemon slices into the skillet and cook for 2 minutes until fragrant.
- Add the chicken broth, wine and lemon juice, simmer for 5 minutes until sauce is slightly reduced. Roll the 4 T of butter in the flour mixture and add to skillet to thicken sauce. Stir well to dissolve and incorporate the flour.
- Lower heat to medium-low and return the chicken breasts to skillet. Place the lemon slices back on top of the chicken. Gently simmer for 2 minutes to thoroughly heat chicken.
- Season with salt & pepper to taste and garnish with parsley to serve.
Note: Chicken Francese goes very well with a side of Marinated Asparagus topped with Blue Cheese (or Boursin Cheese with Garlic & Herbs ❤️), and brown rice.
Did you make this recipe? We would love to hear from you. Please leave us a comment below or Tag @twinsinthekitchen on Instagram and hashtag it #twiinsinthekitchen.
One thought on “Gluten-Free Chicken Francese”
Recipe looks incredible⭐️⭐️
Sent from my iPhone